1. Sensation and Perception:
Sleep: Crash Course - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHus-0wFSo
a. What is a “back to life” or “visitation” dream?
b. What parallels does the article make between ‘big dreams’ and grief?
c. What conclusions did Dr. Domhoff and Adam Schneider draw from their analysis of Ed’s dreams?
d. How do Dierdre Barrett’s conclusions about dreams and grief differ from Dr. Domhoff’s opinion? e. According to the article, why is the brain activity during REM sleep most likely to produce ‘big dreams’?
f. Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Knudson’s assessment that if we ignore our dreams “we discount our most valuable resource in understanding ourselves”? Why?
g. Has the article changed the importance you place on your dreams
Analyzing Dreams: Qualitative and Quantitative
– Do Ed’s dreams in fact show more incidences of sadness and confusion than happiness, anger and other emotions?
– How do Ed’s dreams immediately following Mary’s death compare to those occurring twenty years later?
What is Consciousness?
Hypnosis and Meditation
Psychoactive Drugs and cultural impacts
Psychoactive Drugs and Neurological effects
- U.S. History Syllabus
- Trip Across The Country
- News Day
- Slavery and Reconstruction in America >
- U.S. History Discussion Page
- Voting Rights Research Paper
- Introduction >
- U.S. War in Iraq >
- American Expansion - The Turn of Century >
- America in Crisis >
- America in the World 1945-2003 >
- Civil Rights Movement >
- The Cold War >
- The U.S. War in Vietnam >
Modern World History
Ancient World History
Medieval and Early Modern History